Friday, September 13, 2013

Why is breakfast so important?

Happy Friday! I know that it has been a while since i've blogged but I am going to start back, thanks to confirmation from a good friend. 😉


So I know you've heard the hype about never skipping breakfast or breakfast is the most important meal of the day.. But why? Studies show that those who typically eat breakfast every morning, around the same time and the same foods weigh less than others who don't. Well I can admit I am not a scientist but I have found these studies to be accurate in my lifestyle. I workout every morning at the same time and whenever I am close to finishing my morning workout my stomach starts to growl. So why is it every morning at the exact same time my body does this? I believe I have trained my body to become accustomed to eating breakfast. Although when I eat breakfast, it's hardly ever a snack bar or cereal. I always make sure to fuel my body after a intense workout. My breakfast usually consists of high fiber and protein such as; eggs, oatmeal, turkey sausage/bacon, etc. These foods are very common in my diet and not only help to fuel my muscles but also helps in  keeping me regular.. (TMI I know!) Being the most important meal of the day breakfast should never be skipped, besides it's the first meal you'll burn off anyway. I have attatched a picture of my typical everyday breakfast. It's not only nutritional but it also doesn't take much time to prepare. (For those who have a busy lifestyle, like myself.) 

Time: 10 minutes
Turkey bacon, fried with extra virgin olive oil.
Eggs and spinach seasoned with red pepper, crushed black pepper and Mrs.Dash with added natural salsa for extra flavor.
Whole wheat waffle, no butter, toasted with strawberries and honey or light syrup. (be mindful of the serving size, I usually just drizzle.)
YOU have breakfast.. Enjoy! 


I hope that everyone has a great day and a even better weekend!
Read/Comment/Share ❤🍃💪🍓

One love,
Yo_Fit_

4 comments:

  1. I am a big breakfast person. I truly believe that it is the most important as well as my personal favorite meal. The picture of your meal looks delicious by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. I too think my body is ajusted to eating breakfast at the same time every morning. I take steroids due to my Lupus and If I don't eat breakfast my stomach will start turning in knots. I"ll have a bowel of oatmeal and 2 sasuage patties and that may hold me till lunch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy, I did enjoy your blog. You are so right, but it seems that I always skip it. Sometimes I would only eat at night. I have always read that eating breakfast in the morning was good for your body, but after reading your blog I can see I need to eat in the morning and it would not take very long. I can see how you trained your body. I am in the process of a life style change. I am looking forward to a healthier me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds like an amazing recipe. Breakfast is definitely important. Maybe this will make me want to eat it more often.

    ReplyDelete